Our friends over at InHealth Mutual are looking for a new Health Care Economics Analyst. If you are interested in applying for this position please send over your information to the address below. Please let us know, or contact them directly, if you have any questions!
Job Title: Health Care Economics Analyst
Post Start Date: January 15, 2016 Post End Date: February 29, 2016
Job Location: Westerville, Ohio
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Health Care Economics Analyst is responsible for data quality review, mining, analysis, program and project management, and reporting of health care information. This reporting will support both internal and external activities, such as margin enhancement initiatives, cost of care analysis, exchange of clinical data with providers, vendors, or regulators, provider network assessments, and health improvement programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Works with management and in cross functional work groups to develop and complete tactical plans and data analytics for health care programs and projects.
- Data analytics and outreach for ACA risk and market stabilization programs
- Quality department programs and projects including provider benchmarking and outreach
- Provider network adequacy analyses
- Margin Enhancement Initiative valuations, projection and outcome tracking (i.e. improving the company’s financial margins with specific initiatives aimed at cost savings, utilization reduction, and/or expense reduction while maintaining quality in members’ care and services).
- Evaluates data source quality and manages improvement projects focused on data and reporting quality improvements
- Analyzes and monitors claims data and resulting metrics
- Independently interacts with providers, vendors, or regulators on exchange of health care data
- Performs extraction and analysis of data from data warehouses and applications
- Identifies, outlines, and presents results of analysis to management
The statements contained herein describe the essential functions of this position. This description is not an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Performs work in an office setting with moderate levels of noise, sitting for long periods of time, employing repetitive motion using computers and phones, and with exposure to fluorescent lighting. May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor. May be subjected to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and lifting up to ten (10) pounds.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS or graduate level degree in math, statistics, or a related field. – required
- Five (5) years of related analysis experience – preferred
- Three (3) years of coding experience in a health care setting (ICD, CPT, E&M, HCPCS, DRG, etc.) – preferred
- Health care claims data analysis experience in a health plan environment – preferred
- Experience with claims records including service and/or diagnosis coding auditing – preferred
- Cost Accounting in health care – preferred
- Certified coder – preferred
- Informatics certification – preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- High skill level in either Access or Excel
- Experience with query tools
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely to all audiences whether communicated verbally or in writing.
- Supervised By: Chief Informatics and Quality Officer
- Supervises: This position does not supervise subordinate staff.
TO APPLY: Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or:
Attn: Human Resources
501 W. Schrock Road Suite #310
Westerville, OH 43081
TOBACCO/DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT
- InHealth Mutual is dedicated to providing a healthy and safe environment for employees to work and customers to visit. Except where prohibited by applicable state law, employment offers are conditional upon satisfactory results of pre-employment drug and tobacco testing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- InHealth Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or genetic information.
About InHealth Mutual:
- InHealth Mutual is the trade name of Coordinated Health Mutual. Headquartered in Westerville, Ohio, InHealth Mutual is a nonprofit insurer built for members by members to provide quality, affordable health insurance that is responsive to the needs and wants of all Ohioans. InHealth is the only health insurance CO-OP (Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan) operating in all 88 counties of Ohio.